Menu
jw12
Joining in
Message 31 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Re: L2TP/IPSec VPN Issue With Hub3.0

Does hub 3.0 support L2TP, my connection is refused for work VPN using L2TP on mac. I need to try and nail down where the problem lies. I tried running modem mode and directly hooking up my computer via ethernet but even that doesn't seem to work as intended eg. Connection doesn't last.

0 Kudos
georgebell
On our wavelength
Message 32 of 51
Flag for a moderator

NO!  I damned well does NOT!  I am just one of a number of people furious at Virgin's apparent disregard for today's demand for better security.  Having installed Windows Server 2016 earlier this year, I use Virgin at home to access my office, which can at times be in risky areas abroad.

Virgin say they are looking into it, but I guess dear Richard's attention is probably focussed on how he can get new customers from Rynair.

georgebell
On our wavelength
Message 33 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola,

Have your firmware team come back with any kind of response yet?

George

Scamparelli
Joining in
Message 34 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Still no fix?  

Mark myself down as another who is suffering with this supposed 'Superhub 3.0'..

Brand new Win 10 laptop, able to connect to my office using VPN when connected to sooo many Wifi accounts (lots of customers internet connections and including through my phone using hotpot), I get home and - nah; 100Mb connection before I try and connect, unusable connection once I do..  Connects but slow as a slow thing - pointless exercise.

I miss my old BT connection - at least the Wifi and VPN worked!!

THIS NEEDS TO WORK VIRGIN!..

Should I just request the old superhub 2.0????

0 Kudos
hooper35
Tuning in
Message 35 of 51
Flag for a moderator

It doesn't work on a SuperHub2 either.

0 Kudos
paul_taylor
Up to speed
Message 36 of 51
Flag for a moderator

This probably will never be fixed.

My Superhub3 is now in Modem mode, and using a TP-Link Archer C9 which is quite a beefy dual core CPU router with superb wifi. Covers the entire house and garden with no drop outs. And VPN's work great.

HP, Dell, IBM/Lenovo Certified Server Hardware engineer.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 37 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Hello George et.al

I have been chatting to our firmware team about it and they have made contact with most of you in this thread by PM, not everyone has replied but for those that did we were unable to find any defect with the hub only external configurations problems, firewalls, DNS issues etc. We do our best to remain open minded with these things so if anyone still has some evidence that the Hub3 is causing a problem please send a PM to our firmware team

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
hooper35
Tuning in
Message 38 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Well, I can't imagine we're all wrong!. 

Perhaps your tech team should ask for a volunteer with the issue and actually go and visit them to do a test on-site.

It can't be me because I've put the router on modem mode.

Any volunteers?

Charles

0 Kudos
georgebell
On our wavelength
Message 39 of 51
Flag for a moderator

I'd be more than happy to volunteer - I'm based in Northampton a few minutes off the M1, and only a couple of miles between Home where Hub is and our Office with Server 2016.

I'd even be happy to talk it through by phone - if I had a Virgin contact number for someone who actually knew what L2TP/IPsec is!!

0 Kudos
AmazingGitBoy
Joining in
Message 40 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Hi Everyone,

Add me to the list. I currently can't finish some work and since installing my Hub 3.0 am blocked from using the L2TP the client needs me to use, so am going to resort to phone tethering (My android phone works fine at this btw over the air). The effect I see is that I'm able to 'join' the VPN, but then can't route to anything on it. I saw it work for 5 minutes at one point, but then it disappeared again! I've tried accessing the server I need to reach by it's IP address (just to see the web pages it serves, so simple stuff), but now it's in a bad mood it just can't connect to the machine. By this we can eliminate DNS as an issue. Also, I've tried this with firewalls off (both on the Hub and on my PC) for a short time. Still no banana. I'm happy to try anything you want to suggest before I resort to having to buy more hardware. If you can suggest a configuration mistake that I can fix, I promise I'll post it up here and wear the tomatoes of shame just to help anyone else who is stuck in this position!

So far not feeling the love for the Hub 3.0, but open minded if someone can show me the way. The Superhub 2 one did work for me after a little tinkering, but I see that's been stopped from being used now I've upgraded.

Cheers,

Matt

0 Kudos