Menu
Bclunie
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Kindle stopped connecting to wifi

Kindle has been fine on wifi since xmas but now stopped working. Been told something about changing channel.
0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Kindle stopped connecting to wifi

Our Kindles have remained connected since setting up. The first several years ago. I have changed wifi channel on my Shub without problems. Have you changed the SSID for the SHub?

My first thought would be to delete the wifi connection on the Kindle then set up again.
0 Kudos
Bclunie
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not changed any aspect of settings. Cannot delete wifi connection as it needs password and it won't accept password. I have just added MAC address to router but still not working
0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are other devices using the wifi okay?

A long shot, but have you tried turning the Shub off, leaving a few minutes and turning back on?

If the Kindle will not accept a correct password, it may be the problem. A bit drastic but can you perform a factory reset?
0 Kudos
queeniebunn
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Anyone got any solutions for this one please? Driving me crazy - just not accepting password even though correct. Was also advised to change channel but I don't know how to do it.

Would appreciate a little help Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Bclunie
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not sure why we have to change channel when kindle was working fine. Someone told me it's a security issue as hub doesn't recognise kindle - it's a joke. Support from VM is rubbish
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there queeniebunn,

Further to your post, you can, of course, look into Changing your Virgin Media Hub's wireless channel in order to strengthen this type of connection.

I've double checked everything from this end and I've not been able to detect any obvious cause for concern via your account at the moment.

Let us know how you get on with the channel change,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you're also having trouble with this Bclunie,

I've located your account details and similar to queeniebunn, I've not been able to detect any faults.

It's definitely worth following the hyperlink above in order to adjust your wireless settings as if the channels currently utilised are congested, this may cause issues with your connection.

Let us know how you get on with this,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos