Menu
crazydiamond
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Kindle connection

Have two kindles, Paperwhite and Fire, both been working brilliantly for years until today. Neither will connect to Wi-Fi despite numerous switch offs, reconnects, entering passwords etc.etc. Contacted Amazon they went thru an update procedure on the Paperwhite but still nothing. Still waiting for their tech people to ring back!!!.

The next odd thing is that my other Android device a GoTab tablet will also not connect?

Any answers please as I think this is a Virgin problem.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Grizzle1
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Kindle connection

I had the same problem. Nothing I tried would let my kindle join my wifi. It could see it but couldn't connect.

It was quite a while ago but from memory I think I had to restart the router (so that everything was assigned a new IP address) and then restart my Kindle (possibly a hard reset but can't remember).

I definitely got the answer from Google.

I hope that helps.

All Replies
Grizzle1
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I had the same problem. Nothing I tried would let my kindle join my wifi. It could see it but couldn't connect.

It was quite a while ago but from memory I think I had to restart the router (so that everything was assigned a new IP address) and then restart my Kindle (possibly a hard reset but can't remember).

I definitely got the answer from Google.

I hope that helps.
crazydiamond
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Grizzle

Thanks for the help info. What I ended up doing  was to contact virgin technical and they did a router reboot/reset remotely for me. And I'm very pleased to say it worked!!!.

I asked the tech why this happened and he said it was because my router had not been rebooted/restarted for a long time and that I need to do that every week!!

News to me to be honest, it has worked successfully for 9 months since installation, without a restart. Anyway, hope this may be of aasisstance to you and the rest of the community in the future.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
VMKirk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I reset the channel on my Superhub to 3 (it was on 11) and it worked !

crazydiamond wrote:

Have two kindles, Paperwhite and Fire, both been working brilliantly for years until today. Neither will connect to Wi-Fi despite numerous switch offs, reconnects, entering passwords etc.etc. Contacted Amazon they went thru an update procedure on the Paperwhite but still nothing. Still waiting for their tech people to ring back!!!.

The next odd thing is that my other Android device a GoTab tablet will also not connect?

Any answers please as I think this is a Virgin problem.

0 Kudos