Menu
BWeberA3
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Issues with Samsung A3 and Virgin WiFi

Hi

I am experiencing a rather frustrating issue. I have a Samsung A3, 2016 model. I will connect to my Virgin WiFi, currently only showing the 2G (not sure why the 5G is not showing up). It will say connected but for some reason it is not connected as I cannot open a page in a browser or use the internet as I am being flagged up as not being connected to a network. When I restart the wireless router, shortly after I can connect and it works. However this does not last long and I'm finding myself without access again, unless working off my 3G or 4G network. This however then chews up my data unnecessarily when I can actually be using my home WiFi.

Is there any explanation for this and is there a particular setup or setting I need to consider to overcome this frustrating issue?

I don't seem to have this problem when connecting to any other WiFi services.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues with Samsung A3 and Virgin WiFi

Hi BWeberA3,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your wifi. As far as I'm aware the A3 doesn't have 5Ghz capability which explains why you're not picking up the 5GHz signal. 

As to the connection not allowing you online, the next time this happens could you log into the hub at 192.168.0.1 and check the connected devices list. In there check what IP address is being assigned to the phone and let us know here?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
BWeberA3
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Thanks for getting back. Yes that's true. I can only pick up the 2Ghz and can't seem to pick up the 5Ghz. Is that what may be posing the issue? Can I log to the router wirelessly or do I have to use the ethernet cable to do this? I will then check on the IP address assignment.

Thanks

Bernard

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bernard,

Thanks for getting back to us.

To log into the router you can use another device that is connected to the router to be able to check the IP address of the Samsung A3. As you mentioned that the phone doesn't show as connected to the network at the time of the disconnect.

Does this issue happen on any other devices or does it only happen on the phone?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jacevoor77
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The a3 2016 is 2.4ghz wifi only 5ghz won't work at all not sure why a 2016 don't have 5ghz cheap hits lol my a6 2016 tablet has it
0 Kudos