Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (125 Views)

Issues with Port Forwarding on 3.0 Hub

[ Edited ]

Hey, I'm a long time Virgin Media customer and have had little to no issues with my connection until recently.

After upgrading to the new 3.0 Hub I have been having many issues with the hub from not allowing any port forwarding to only allowing one port per IP to even randomly shutting down and having to be restarted.

As well as my speeds being very unreliable at some times this worries me about the reliability of my internet connection.

To have more than one port forwarding rule per local IP I have been forced to buy another network card so I can port forward properly.

My Port Forwarding Config, and what happens when I try to access the page remotely. Nothing even hits the web server, the router most likely is blocking this without showing anything or Virgin media is blocking the port on the backbone level. My other port forwarding rule is respected by the Hub and works perfectly. For note, accessing via local IP works just fine.

vmedia.pngvmedia2.png 

If anyone has any suggestions to help I would greatly appreciate it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Superuser
Message 2 of 3 (191 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Echbirb
a week ago

Re: Issues with Port Forwarding on 3.0 Hub

First off lets deal with this statement

To have more than one port forwarding rule per local IP I have been forced to buy another network card

Here's my port forwarding rules
pfrules.JPG

Note: I have rules for the following all on the same PC

Web Server
FTP Server
Teamspeak

And one other which is a service running on a non standard port (deliberately)

There is an annoying bug which means that rules must be entered in ascending order, so if I wanted to port forward Port 25 for example, I'd have to delete the rules above port 25.  Add the port 25 rule and then re add the other rules again.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Superuser
Message 2 of 3 (192 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Echbirb
a week ago

First off lets deal with this statement

To have more than one port forwarding rule per local IP I have been forced to buy another network card

Here's my port forwarding rules
pfrules.JPG

Note: I have rules for the following all on the same PC

Web Server
FTP Server
Teamspeak

And one other which is a service running on a non standard port (deliberately)

There is an annoying bug which means that rules must be entered in ascending order, so if I wanted to port forward Port 25 for example, I'd have to delete the rules above port 25.  Add the port 25 rule and then re add the other rules again.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Joining in
Message 3 of 3 (92 Views)

Reordering my port forwarding rules seems to have fixed the issue, thanks for quick help