Menu
Vmary2016
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Issue Netflix blocks at 25%

Hi

i am having a lot of trouble with Netflix on the TiVo box

it blocks at 25% after a while, says I may have lost my internet (which is not the case when that  happens and then a green light on the box flashes

tonight I had this 3 times in 20 mins

this issue occurs intermittently for a few months now

any suggestions? I have checked the cables etc at the back of the box and the virgin router it all seems fine

cheers

vincent

0 Kudos
AJSG1969
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue Netflix blocks at 25%

One of the big problems with cheap routers like the ones generally provided is that they are REALLY cheap and more often than not with streaming services its a question of DHCP not working properly. First thing to try is to set your box with a static IP.

Get into your modem and check the DHCP IP range, it will be something like 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.255

Change it to stop at 192.168.0.100, which gives you 99 DHCP addresses for general stuff and 154 static ones.

Restart the router (to shove off DHCP devices) and set the TiVO to (eg) 192.168.0.101

Try Netflix now...

0 Kudos
Vmary2016
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I am trying now.

cheers

vincent

0 Kudos
Vmary2016
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So after 2 days of trying, it still seems to happen.

On Saturday I changed my box IP to be outside of the DHCP range as suggested (Still on the same netwok of course)

I managed to watch some of Netflix, during the day, but during the evening as I was watching something else the dreaded 25% reload occurred again, and the flashing light

Yesterday however we managed to watch sth without interruption not sure why, it seems inconsistent and random

Any other suggestion ? I see Netflix released a new box end of Nov (my box is 2 yrs old). Would getting this new box sort it

Also maybe worth mentionning I have Netflix apps on a laptop, a PS4 and a few various devices and only the Tivo box does this. Assuming this could be a network issue poor dhcp etc should not all devices fail the same randomly?

Cheers

Vincent

0 Kudos
AJSG1969
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ah, no then its most likely to be a TiVO box problem. Maybe it has difficulty accesing its own buffer. I don't own such a box but it may be worth looking around if there is a way to completely wipe and reinstall the Operating System.

0 Kudos
Vmary2016
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I booked an engineer for tm so will see what he comes up with

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It can be a CDN problem and VM network could have many CDN with the same IP but routed in a way that there is no conflict so tracking down a given server would be your IP to find the affected server.

0 Kudos