Menu
Ben01
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is there any possibilty I could change my MAC address via the virgin media superhub 2ac

I have been blacklisted from a game by mistake. This has occurred to 100+ people in the game. I have changed my IP address but  it didn't resolve the issue. I have contacted VM phone support and they didn't help at all. I have put my router into modem mode and that resolved the issue. The problem is 5+ people are without internet in modem mode. Any ideas how to possibly fix this issue regarding me being blacklisted?

Cheers,

Ben.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is there any possibilty I could change my MAC address via the virgin media superhub 2ac

If 100 people have been blacklisted surely it's not these peoples' ISPs that are responsible for supplying new IPs but the game which made the mistake to undo the mistaken blacklist?

Ben01
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is there any possibilty I could change my MAC address via the virgin media superhub 2ac

Yes, i'm well aware of that but unfortunately I contacted the game itself and they said they couldn't do anything about it. That's why I was wondering if there was a solution. VM used to have a MAC spoofing option but it seems to have disappeared. I have already changed my IP address and that didn't solve the issue. The game works only in modem mode.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

By changing to Modem Mode, you get a new IP which is not blacklisted.

I repeat that the resolution of this issue, if what you are saying is correct about its cause, is not Virgin Media's responsibility.

I suggest you and the 100 victims get it fixed at source.

Ben01
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have contacted the game. They said they couldn't fix it. I'm guessing I have two options. Stay in modem mode or use my TP link router? P.S most of the staff on this game are ignorant and don't care about their players.
0 Kudos
Ben01
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos