Menu
LewisH1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is there a problem with my modem or my area?

I have now spoken to two different Virgin media customer support staff, both of which were from the off shore call centre and as such I had trouble understanding exactly what they were saying as my phone connection is pretty weak.

My internet has been off and on for over a week now and the first call centre member told me it was a problem in my area as others from my same postcode had called in, I was then disconnected from the call (weak phone signal) and had to call back. I was then told an engineer was booked to come to my property on the 3rd of march!!!!! That's a ridiculously long time to wait for a fix and not only that but I was told here was no problem in my area.

So,

Is there a problem in my area? (20) (don't tell me to use the online service checker, it's useless)

Which one of the customer service agents should I believe?

Why does it take so long for an engineer to come out? (It's ridiculous to expect paying customers to go without your service for so long)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is there a problem with my modem or my area?

post the levels but the outline you give says there is an external fault - will flag the thread and see if we can get VM a bit quicker than the week to give a clearer truthful answer

keep your eye on the thread - i would guess you are not posting from your home account so VM will need some info to look at things - dont post any personal info - it will be deleted

@ModTeam - can someone have a look please

Tony

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

is there a problem - no idea and is likely offshore had no idea either

start here

are you testing wired or wireless - always test wired

log into superhub - 192.168.0.1 - DON'T SIGN IN, click router status [top right] - and post the downstream and upstream figures

Tony
0 Kudos
LewisH1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey thanks for the help,

The upstream all sections say N/A.

DS-1 is locked but all the rest are unlocked, is this the information you were asking for, I'm a little unsure.

Or did you mean the status? Acquired downstream is locked and he ranged upstream says success.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

post the levels but the outline you give says there is an external fault - will flag the thread and see if we can get VM a bit quicker than the week to give a clearer truthful answer

keep your eye on the thread - i would guess you are not posting from your home account so VM will need some info to look at things - dont post any personal info - it will be deleted

@ModTeam - can someone have a look please

Tony
LewisH1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot 2017-02-24 at 17.34.12.pngScreenshot 2017-02-24 at 17.41.44.png

0 Kudos
LewisH1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone offer me any answers?
0 Kudos
bigcol
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am in area 20. M40.

Internet has been down since Around 2.30.

Been told an area fault fix on Tuesday. Annoying nothing on the service status pages
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi LewisH1,

Apologies for the issues you've had with your Internet connection. I've checked our historical data relating to the date of your first post on here and have found a few fault tickets for loss of broadband, though nothing specific to your cable.

What is evident though is that your downstream power levels are much too low - currently sitting between -12.6dBmV and -14.5dBmV.
Your upstream power is too high - 58dBmV.

There are no network faults so I'll definitely need to arrange for an engineer to visit. Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) with the requested information and I'll get an appointment booked in.

Thanks,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos