Menu
scarletp
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone honestly happy with 3.0 hub?

Apparently I have no option but to upgrade to 3.0 by the end of April but don't have a lot of confidence in it after reading posts. I must have been lucky with my old faithful Ambit and my own router.

I would love to hear from some satisfied 3.0 users and in particular does yours allow you to use SKY on demand?

Out of interest - IF I upgrade and have problems with the new hub where do I stand as regards packing up and going elsewhere for broadband?  Surely, I am not locked into a new contract with VM?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is anyone honestly happy with 3.0 hub?

scarletp wrote:

Thank you Dave. 

Sorry if I am being dense but doesn't the 3.0 have a built in router anyway?  My current modem is in a room at the front of the house with a TPlink 54M router attached.  My laptop, and our mobiles pick up wifi all over the house and outside using the current set up and I naturally expected that the latest hub should improve on that without needing the router but perhaps I am wrong. 

Yes, all the recent VM Hubs are combined Modem / Routers.    Many people like me find themselves dissatisfied with the Wi-Fi performance and so they put the Hub into Modem Mode so that you can still receive the VM signal from the cable but then attach a router of their choice to get better Wi-Fi performance.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm not a Hub 3 user so I'll leave the more specific questions to other users but you do know that you can put the Hub 3 into Modem Mode and use your own router attached to it.

Electron
0 Kudos
scarletp
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Dave. 

Sorry if I am being dense but doesn't the 3.0 have a built in router anyway?  My current modem is in a room at the front of the house with a TPlink 54M router attached.  My laptop, and our mobiles pick up wifi all over the house and outside using the current set up and I naturally expected that the latest hub should improve on that without needing the router but perhaps I am wrong. 

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

scarletp wrote:

Thank you Dave. 

Yes, all the recent VM Hubs are combined Modem / Routers.    Many people like me find themselves dissatisfied with the Wi-Fi performance and so they put the Hub into Modem Mode so that you can still receive the VM signal from the cable but then attach a router of their choice to get better Wi-Fi performance.

Electron
0 Kudos