Menu
BTzz56
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Iphone 4 won't connect to 2g

Our Super hub 2 will not allow our iphone 4's to connect to 2g. Use to but dropped off for a few weeks. Other devices will connect to the 2g & 5g so only iphones affected. Have tried all the usual turning off/reseting & change bands with no joy. Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Iphone 4 won't connect to 2g

Hello BTzz56

Welcome to our forum, how weird it doesn't like your iphone 4s, um it looks like the ipad is connected on 2G successfully at the moment, I wonder what is going on. Do the iphone4s see the network, have you tried totally removing the network settings on them and starting from scratch? Sometimes it is worth renaming a new SSID on the hub so the iphones see it as a new connection? When you mention reset do you mean a reset of the hub?

Please keep us updated we would like to help.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
BTzz56
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola,

yes the phone does recognise the wifi but just will not connect. I have gone thru process of forgetting the network etc. Re hub resetting = turning off. My daughters iphone 4 has jus recently connected but mine still not ?

nick

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi BTzz56,

Very strange, it sounds like you've done everything from the phone side to get it working. I'd suggest logging into the hub and change the wireless security type to WPA2 PSK AES. That tends to help with some devices that may not be compatible with WPA2 Auto though I always thought the iphone 4 should be fine. 

Give that a go and let us know how you get on. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
BTzz56
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks but that didn't work either. I have also reset the router still no joy. My phone works everywhere else inc my mums who has virgin & a newer router version. Can i change the router ?
0 Kudos
BTzz56
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi still waiting a reply to - "Hi, thanks but that didn't work either. I have also reset the router still no joy. My phone works everywhere else inc my mums who has virgin & a newer router version. Can i change the router ?"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting back to us. Sorry about the delay in reply. I have a few more questions mainly for my curiosity please.

What version of Super Hub does your mum have?

Is your daughter's iPhone 4 still connecting?

Do you both have the same version iOS?

The last question I'm keen to know because it could be a compatibility issue between the phone and Hub. You could also try updating to the latest iOS to see if this helps.

Look forward to your response.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
BTzz56
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Rich,

Sorry for the delay in coming back.

My mum has a Super Hub vndg480 - which my iPhone 4 works fine with (as it does with many others).

My daughters iPhone 4s is working / connecting.

I have iOS version 7.1.2 (this is the most up to date for my phone) whilst my daughter has 9.2.1.

I have recently upgraded my package with Virgin re: broadband speed and it mentioned in this that if you experienced problems Virgin would allow you to upgrade your Router to the new one at a much discounted price - would this be a solution ?. Obviously I would rather not pay anything extra either keeping the existing router or getting a new one but a small one off cost to resolve this long standing problem may be the least worst option.

I'll await your reply.

Thanks

Nick

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nick,

Thanks for coming back to me.

You have a Super Hub that should be capable of connecting the iPhones wirelessly so I'm a little stumped here.

I'm going to send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the purple envelope on the top right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
sueincamden
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem with Virgin Superhub. Two old-ish iPad's connect OK, but not two iPhone SEs, an iPhone 6, and not my MacBook Pro. All worked pretty well until about ten days ago. On these devices, network settings also shows both 5G and 2G as having "no internet Connection".

I've repeatedly done all the resetting of the hub that I can bear to do, and done all that stuff about "forgetting this network" and starting again on each device.

0 Kudos