Menu
KarenB54
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Internet stops everyday

My Internet goes down everyday at the same time, this has gone on now for well over a week. WHY?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet stops everyday

Is this on devices directly connected to the hub by ethernet or only on wireless devices?

0 Kudos
KarenB54
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On wireless
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It would be worth checking if the connection goes down on a device connected by ethernet cable to confirm it is a wireless issue.

Wireless reception is affected by many factors like Range, Client hardware, the Topograpy of your home, and the big killer, Wireless interference. With nthe connection dropping at a regular time would suggest some sort of localised interference like someone switching on a baby monitor next door for instance.

First of all, I would ensure the Hub is placed in a central, open position, away from obstacles and electrical devices.

You could try changing the wireless channel manually. Downloading a wireless scanner like InSSIDer for Windows or WiFiAnalyser for Android would help by showing you the surrounding wireless networks, the channels they are broadcasting on, and their signal strengths, so you can select the best wireless channel.

Setting the Hub's radio setting to 300Mbps (or 40Mhz channel) is not advised on the 2.4GHz band as it takes up over half of the available spectrum, making it prone to wireless interference..

I would also check for other sources of wireless interference such as A\V streaming devices, Baby monitors, Chordless phones, Microwave ovens, Plasma TVs, Security systems, etc.

Using the wider, usually less congested 5Ghz band could help, if your client devices support it.

0 Kudos
KarenB54
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Its gone again today, been off for 15 minutes so far trying to get it back on, had enough now think it's time to move on
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi KarenB54,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've run a diagnostic on your equipment and I can see an issue with your signal levels. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to sort it out.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos