Menu
jakub221
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Internet slows down at night 8pm+

I have an issue with my internet connection past couple of months, my offer is the 200mb (or something) and at night the internet slows down up to 10mb download and 3-4 upload. Also when i play games such as counter strike my ping goes up to 300 or more which is very irritating. The download of films etc goes well when games work very slow. I live in London, perivale and i tried restarting everything. Smiley Sad 

I usually come back at around 6-7pm when the internet is already very slow and so i can't play.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet slows down at night 8pm+

Hello jakub221,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Really sorry to hear that you're having problems with your broadband speed, I know it's irritating when you can't fully do want you want online.

I've checked your connection and noticed that we're currently working on fault: F004849840 which is present in your local area. This fault is known for reducing the speeds during peak time hours. While this is on-going it's best to try and use an Ethernet cable where possible and schedule any downloading for after midnight.

I know this isn't great news, please accept my apologies and let me know if you have any questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos