Menu
harr5
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Internet problems

Super hub 2 in modem mode and working last night at 11pm. Limited internet this morning cannot connect internet. Virgin took out of modem mode and able to connect which stopped after 20 mins. Back on again reset router he enabled modem mode and able to connect again but then back to limited internet. Have Asus rt-n66u router which when connected sometimes says dhcp failed. I have no idea what's going on and why it works when virgin sends setting but then goes off. Have rebooted and it shows wan ip of 82.32.165.130 but after while goes back to dhcp failed. Even with wan ip there is limited internet and cannot access internet. Someone else in forums has this problem and it is super hub problem. Router ruled out as does same when superhub taken out of modem mode.
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet problems

Maybe, and likely to be, a circuit issue. What are the SH2 lights showing when this happens?

Maybe you could post the upstream/downstream power levels and the network log.

Browse to 192.168.100.1 ain click the ROUTER STATUS link top right. Copy and paste what I've asked for. It takes the VM bods a week or so to get to your thread so we should sort out as much as we can in advance.

The coax cables are tightly screwed in. Yes?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
harr5
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

i think the asus router has a problem...everytime it went on the internet was unlimited. have managed to get superhub working so fingers crossed. there is apparently a firmware update for asus router, so will try that.
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Nevertheless, do post the stats as I have suggested.

0 Kudos
harr5
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I dont have anything saying router status on the super hub homepage or any other tab - so cannot post. It's constantly dropping connection, absolutely demented.

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes you do/should. Just browse to 192.168.100.1 and look in the top right hand corner.

0 Kudos
harr5
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

oopss I was logging in first sorry

log2.pngdownstream.pngupstream.png

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Nothing amiss there. What do the SH2 lights do when you get limited access? Particularly the arrows light.

The only other common mode here is the PC or whatever you are connecting to the SH2 or Asus router. Do you have more than one device that you can try when directly connected to the SH2?

0 Kudos