Menu
liaminax
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Internet not connecting

Good Evening,

Throughout this afternoon my internet keeps connecting and disconnecting. For the most part it is disconnected but every now and again it will reconnect but even then it still doesn't work and then disconnects a few seconds later.

On the Hub, the button with the arrows pointing in opposite directions is flashing green and the tick is flashing blue.

Accordingly to the Service Status section of the website, there are no known issues in my area. I have already tried the usual switching the router on and off and this has made no difference.

Anybody got any idea cos pretty annoyed I'm currently paying for a service I'm not receiving.

Liam
0 Kudos
braz
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet not connecting

Try disconnecting all ethernet cables into the back of the hub - bizarre but it seems to have resolved the problems I was having. Hopefully they'll fix their network so I can reconnect the cables at some point in the future!

0 Kudos
liaminax
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It seems like it is now staying connected but I keep getting DNS errors now. I tried the ipconfig /flushdns but this doesn't seem to have made a difference. For a minute or two I was able to go on website but now when I try to do it I'm getting "There is no Internet connection" even though I am connected.
0 Kudos
liaminax
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Further to this, when I run the Windows Network Diagnostics I get "Your DNS server might be unavailable". It seems to work for a minute or so and then stop working again.
0 Kudos
ax220qmb
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Seems like you and I are having similar irritating issues today.

I'm in area 15
0 Kudos
liaminax
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure how to see what area I'm in but I live In Bradford. Bloody annoying.
0 Kudos
ax220qmb
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ah I'm in London - so not an area problem!

But same old useless virgin service. I'm at my final tether and will leave due to inconsistent service.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi liaminax, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about your issues with your internet not connecting, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before logging in it will say 'Router Status' click there and all the information needed is inside.

Also, what lights do you have on the Hub?

How are you connected, wired or wireless?

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos