Menu
lardster59
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Internet keeps dropping out

My internet keeps dropping out been going on for months. I am on Vivid 100 but I am running 2 Xboxes 1 TV Box and 4 phones and 1 tablet not all downloading at the same time but connected 1 xbox is hard wired along with computer, I have super HUB 2 but drops out daily can never get hold hold of online chat do I need to upgrade. I have relocated my hub but no difference

0 Kudos
ianrobo
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet keeps dropping out

I would check this thread mate -

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Having-to-Reboot-SHub2-frequently-somet...

I do believe we all having the same problems, do you use a VPN ?
0 Kudos
lardster59
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No I do not use a VPN just had this problem over a period of months think its the line in but its got worse since both boys have xbox only the one hard wired is ok. My router lights up like a disco strobe all night.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi lardster, 

Thanks for getting in touch! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your internet dropping out, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I've run some checks from here and I can't see anything out of the ordinary, no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, when the connection drops does the Hubs light sequence change?

Also, please include a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here, you can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before logging in it will say 'Router Status' click there and all information needed is inside.

Take care,

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
lardster59
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

yes it still drops out and the 5.0 and 2.4 and double vertical arrow disco flash

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi lardster59,

Thanks for getting back to us. Your Hub is reporting as being connected to the CMTS for the past 19 days so the disconnects that you experience must be related to the Hub itself, such as being connected to the Hub but losing Internet throughput.

• Are you getting any error messages when these disconnects occur or does the Internet connection just cease to work?
  • Does it only happen when you are using certain devices or doing specific Internet related activities (i.e. gaming/downloading/streaming).

Please provide any other information that may help me diagnose this and it would also be a good idea to reset your Hub back to factory settings.

Keep us updated Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos