Menu
Mlockstone
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Internet issue, or cable fault?

Had problems since superhub 2fitted years ago. In particular WiFi drops off and won't work until switched off/on, but sometimes Internet via wired connection also. Sometimes it will be random devices not connecting. Sometimes all (2 x laptop, different models, iPhone,Sony,2x Samsung phones, ipad - not at the same time though) I have an app which shows the signal strength is good, but things will not rectify until router powered off/on.
Also, BBC iplayer is a waste of time on TV - often takes so long to start playing program that you forget what you are waiting for, and then it buffers for a minute at a time, often will only play a few seconds before buffering again.
Recently took 90minutes to watch an episode of grand tour on ps4 with a wired connection.
Could this be cable fault? Don't see that all of the above relates to changing the channel on the WiFi, which is all that anybody will do when I ring up.
I'm properly close to walking away, am I the only one?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet issue, or cable fault?

Hi Mlockstone, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your WiFi dropping, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested the connection from here and everything looks great! No errors or timeouts inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

How are you connected, Wired or wireless?

Also is there any noticeable change to the Hubs light sequence when the connection drops?

Would you please include a recent copy of your Hubs logs for us to compare with the data we here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar. Before logging in it will say 'Router Status' click there and all the information needed is inside.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos