Menu
bilko89
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet going offline intermittently

Hi,

My internet is intermittently going down at least 5/6 times a day.

Generally when this happens, I have to reset the modem either by via the Super Hub 2 settings or a hard reset, taking out the plug for 10 secs. This will fix the issue until the next time 9 times out of 10. The odd time it doesn't work, it seems to fix itself after half an hour or so.

When the Internet goes off, all lights on my Super Hub 2 are blue except a flashing green light showing the 2 arrows.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet going offline intermittently

Hi there bilko89,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read you are experiencing intermittent broadband connection. I can imagine how frustrating this must be.

Looking at your connection, I was unable to find any issues that would cause these disconnections and there have been no time-outs reported, however the router has only been online for a short space of time.

Is the router turned off when not in use or is it on at all times?

Are you able to post the network log from the router please for us to check over? To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, no need to sign in, on the top right you will see router status. Within here you will have network log. You can copy and paste this information, that would be great.

It may be worth creating a Broadband Quality Monitor to check the performance of the connection. If you do set up the BQM make sure that you go into your router settings > Advanced Settings > Ping > and tick Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

bilko89
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet going offline intermittently

All been sorted now thanks. Engineer was out on Friday and replaced the super hub with the new updated one. He said the issues were due to the superhub 2 not being able to handle the speeds coming into it.

0 Kudos