Menu
emmalouise88
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Internet dropping out & hub settings password not working

Hi

I have Super Hub 3.0 and 100mbps internet. Our speeds are fine, however the connection regularly drops (perhaps every 30 mins or so). This doesn't always cause problems to any devices next to the router, it's usually causing the device furthest away to lose connection completely but more recently we've noticed the closer devices experiencing the same issues.

I have tried to login to http://192.168.0.1/ to see what the settings are, but my settings password doesn't work!!!!

We have around 8 devices connected to wifi in the house, but only 2-3 in use at the same time.

This happens at any time of the day, even 3am! Speedchecker shows great speeds at all times, anywhere in the house, but when it drops out, we have to wait 10-20 mins for affected devices to connect again, and in 20-30 mins it will happen again.

I have tried resetting my hub, turning off connection on devices we are not using, but nothing works. It is impossible for us to connect all devices to a wired connection. I have tried buying wifi boosters which make no difference because they just drop out as well.

Getting increasingly frustrated and don't know why I bother paying for high speeds when we can't use some devices. I had better service on MUCH lower speeds from Sky!

Please help me!

0 Kudos
emmalouise88
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet dropping out & hub settings password not working

I thought I would just add...

The main device we have a problem on is the Smart TV in the bedroom which is the furthest away from the router and we use this for streaming Netflix/Amazon Prime/catch up apps etc

I have already had the TV manufacturer out to check the TV and there is no issue with the components or software so we know it's to do with the wifi

0 Kudos
emmalouise88
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Nobody can help me?
0 Kudos
HellSauce
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
Sounds like the strength of the internet connection according to what you described.

Try moving the TV closer or the router closer to the TV or invest in a wireless booster which you can buy on Amazon for very reasonable prices.

Hope this helps!
0 Kudos
emmalouise88
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I can't move the thing closer to the router really otherwise it defeats the object of having a tv in the bedroom.

I have bought wireless boosters, 4 different kinds in fact, none have worked Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
HellSauce
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that! When you say they have not worked, what exactly do you mean?

And yeah, I know it defeats the whole purpose, but most people have their router (or smart hub) next to their TV. Would you ever consider doing that?

0 Kudos
emmalouise88
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The wireless boosters just made no difference since the wifi drops out, they are also affected.

If I move the router to the room this TV is in then the devices on the other side of the house will just experience the same thing I'm experiencing now.

If I have to have all my devices next to the router in order to use them properly, what's the point in having wifi? Super frustrating
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi emmalouise88, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your broadband cutting out. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I've tested things from here and I can see that your Hubs logs show a number of time outs inside the Hubs logs and an engineer will need to attend and investigate things further for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take Care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos