Menu
Gavturner
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet drop outs daily!!

Morning All,
For the last 3 mornings when I wake up I have had no internet access. When I powercycle my super hub 2 the internet returns. This is happening everyday and sometimes I get drop outs During the day.

Can anyone help ?
0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet drop outs daily!!

What have you setup as your DNS? ( Google, open dns etc; )

ivp4 setup.JPG

and what platform are you using? ( windows 7 or 10 etc; )

You could try in the meantime, in cmd prompt as administer, ipconfig /flushdns followed by ipconfig /registerdns.

I should add I've been getting the same with Shub3 this past few weeks

0 Kudos
Gavturner
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Buffer, I have not tested via my laptop. I have tried via my iPhone 7 and my wife's iPhone 6s and it displays no internet connection. I have a number of devices at home running on wifi such as my best thermostat, house alarm and they had lost connection also. I have a CCTV system which is wired into the router and I could not access that either until a power cycle.

I think it is problem with my super hub 2ac as I have experiencing wifi problems and poor speeds.
0 Kudos
Gavturner
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi All , since my last post I called Virgin to be advised there is a problem in the area and this could cause intermittent faults. They did something there end and I had few nights with no internet drop outs but it has since returned.
When I power cycle the router the internet is fine but then drops again and I have to power cycle again, surely this is a router/super hub issue rather than no connection ? Can anyone help ?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gavturner, 

Thanks for letting us know that you're experiencing internet drops daily, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I can see that one of your upstream power levels are too high and will require the attention of one of our engineers. I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this booked and secured.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos