Menu
Kcarrick12
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet disconnects after few hours

Have a laptop with windows 10, had an issue with the internet for a while. After 3/4 hours the internet will disconnect and won't connect again. I've tried the ipconfig before and it worked but this time it doesn't work. Wifi still works perfectly fine on my phone and other devices in the house just not the laptop. Need it sorting asap as I'm a uni student so I'm having to stop working because I cannot use the internet
Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet disconnects after few hours

Does it work ok if you have a wired connection ?

Also go into your network settings and on the adaptor settings make sure the setting that allows it to switch off the wifi to save power is disabled.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet disconnects after few hours

Hi Kcarrick12, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your internet disconnecting after a few hours, I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I have tested things from here and I noticed that you're only locking onto one upstream channel, I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend and investigate this further for you. I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll get this all booked and secured.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos