Menu
Peter-Spencer46
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Internet connection problem

My desktop computer running Windows 7 is hard wired to the Internet and is working OK. A Virgin Media Super Hub is connected to my equipment so that other members of the family can connect to the Internet with laptops and other devices (smart phones) which up to know have been working fine.

Two days ago Broadband was down in my local area. This was fixed by the engineers and I was able to access the Internet from my desktop computer. But other family members could not connect to the Internet. I re-booted my Super Hub and my computer, I also unplugged, cleaned and replaced the Ethernet cable,  but that did not fix the problem.

When I go to 192.168.0.1 I can see the other devices that are connected and I can ping them successfully using the Command prompt.

Looking at one of the laptops, running Windows 7, it stated that it was connected to my network. Trying to navigate to the Internet failed. Running tests on Internet and network connections could find no faults. I was able to ping my desktop computer and the super hub from the laptop.

Another member of my family was also not able to connect to the Internet from her laptop which also showed that it was connected to the network or from her smart phone.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix the problem?

0 Kudos
Peter-Spencer46
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet connection problem

The problem has been resolved by my very clever daughter!
0 Kudos