Menu
jabertin
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet connection intermittent - loses connections every 30 seconds

My Virginmedia Broadband connection seems to lose the connection about every 30 seconds for a period of 3-4 seconds and then reconnects.   This has been going on since about December last year.  VirginMedia said they had fixed it in June but it doesn't seem any better.   Has anyone else had this problem and did you manage to get Virginmedia to fix it.   

When I do a line test Virginmedia says it's all OK.   I have a Superhub version 1, which seem to be prehistoric in terms of performance.

0 Kudos
BAH0332
Settling in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet connection intermittent - loses connections every 30 seconds

I have the same problem and it has been ongoing for the last few months.  I have been put on a new band by the engineers and this doesn't appear to have made any difference although it seemed to for the first couple of days.  I have a Superhub 2 ac.  Any ideas would be helpful. BAH

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet connection intermittent - loses connections every 30 seconds

Hi jabertin, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about your issues with your intermittent connection, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested your connection and I can see that your upstream channels have a lot of T3 and T4 time outs across the upstream channels. An engineer will be required to attend and investigate this further for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll ensure this all gets booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos