Menu
shirasharif
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet can't connect to laptop but working on iphone

I have a Hub 3.0 wireless router. Last night the internet connection on my laptop suddenly goes out. This happened once before and it returns back in the morning. However, this noon it's still not working.

I can still use the wifi on my iphone without any problem. The light on the router itself indicates that there is no problem and the service in my area is just fine. This is not only happening to my laptop but to everyone in this house.

I tried to turn off and on again both router and laptop. Still not working. I troubleshoot the internet connection on my laptop and it says 'no valid IP configuration'.

I tried to contact the virgin media through calls but after putting me on hold for 10 minutes, they just hung up on me. Twice. I have no idea on how to fix this.
0 Kudos
Tsar
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet can't connect to laptop but working on iphone

Try this 

Connect your laptop to router via an ethernet cable, go to control panel > device manager > network adapter > "your network adapter" > R click and update it > disable it > enable it > take the cable out and reconnect with wifi.

If not successful try this

Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Allow a program or feature > remove Bonjour > reboot computer 

shirasharif
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet can't connect to laptop but working on iphone

I managed to get through to their operator just now and they restarted my hub and it's working again. Nevertheless, thank you for you suggestions.
0 Kudos