Menu
JamesC88
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet almost unsuable

Hi, Recently our internet speeds have dropped to about 4 Mbps so we called Virgin, and they said there is a fault that they would fix it, a few weeks go by, internet is still slow, So I phone again...this time the problem is with the Hub, so they send us a new hub, Few more days pass and the hub arrives, set up new hub internet speeds are now 1mbps, tried on multiple computers / phones, everyones is getting terrible speeds. we used Ookla speed test to test this. so I spend a few more hours on the phone, to which I think they just gave up in the end, we've tried everything! and nothing works, I just want to leave, how Virgin classes as a professional company is beyond me, they will happily take people's money and give them internet 1/50th or 1/100th of what they are promissing and it's quite frankly a joke, some of my tests come out at 0.80mbps, but when ever I ring I just get loads of exscuses and "oh it's a fault give it a few days"....well I've given you a "few days" on multiple occaisions, I'm starting to think they just aren't interested in fixing the problem.
Worst ISP i have ever been with!!

and Virgin please spare me the "I'm so sorry to hear that" Platitudes, It's starting to wear a little thin...

Oddly If I use a hotspot on my phone, it works fine.

I seriously don't know where to turn with this any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet almost unsuable

Hi JamesC88,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. The network segment is running stable and healthy, which is good.

Are you testing through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please to see if the speeds differ?

Do you notice these speeds at all times of the day?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JamesC88
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Thankyou for getting back to me, this has been a problem for sometime, however a few months ago I was getting speeds of up to 30-50Mbps then suddenly it just stopped and I've been getting speeds of 0.5-5 Mpbs, so we rang up to which they said there was a fault and they would send an engineer to fix it, weeks pass and the problem still isn't fixed so I rang up again and this time it's our Hub, so they send us a  new hub, only this made things even worse, the internet became gradually slower and slower, now everyone in the house is struggling to get any decent internet. I usually stream games but I can't do that with this internet it's just too slow and won't allow it, also downloading takes far to long. these problems all seem recent. I have tried many suggested fixes, wired conections, computer settings, even attempted to disable firewall and antivirus setting just to see if that would make a difference, nothing. I honestly just want to leave, Might try BT or something a friend of mine who lives near by has recommeneded them and he gets the speeds they quote. As for what time of day it goes slow, it's 24/7

Thanks, James

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us about this James,

Sorry to hear about the fault concerning your connection with us.

In no way do we want to lose your custom.

I've double checked everything from this end and an issue with the equipment upstream power level has become present.

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to visit and investigate this further.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this sorted for you.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos