Menu
Pauie54
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet access

Hello to all i was wandering if someone could help me please i want to restrict internet access to my daughters phone i have set up mac filtering between certain times but it has not worked can someone show me how its done

Many thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet access

If you have one of the older VM Super hubs then it should work, but if you have the new Hub 3.0 then timed MAC filtering is broken on that hub currently so it is not possible.

There is a possible work around for the Hub 3 using IP filtering:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Switched-On-Families/Set-internet-time-limit-for-child/m-p/31388...

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet access

Hi Pauie54, 

Welcome to the forums, I know keeping the kids safe on line is a big issue these days thankfully my little boy is too little to be online yet but he's going to be in trouble when he is old enough as both myself and his dad work with technology all day Smiley Happy

Did the information SCA1972 popped across to you help you to get things sorted? 

It may also help you to take a look at Child Safe

How are you getting on? 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos