Menu
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Internet Usage - Download/Upload Monitoring

With my previous internet providers I have been able to monitor the amount of usage in MB/GB via the router status page.  I've looked through the pages on my Superhub 3.0, but I can't see a similar feature - unless I am looking in the wrong place.

I'm wanting to be able to see usage as a total for all devices connected to the router - both download/upload.

Thanks in advance

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Usage - Download/Upload Monitoring

there used to be usage on the hub 2 but this was bugged so guess they removed it in the hub 3, also very little amount of customers would care how much downstream, upstream they've used, there is apps/software you can install to monitor this 1 being http://www.thinkbroadband.com/tbbmeter.html
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

OK, thanks for the reply - At least it isn't just me looking in the wrong place.

The software method wouldn't work for my needs as it only shows usage on individual machines - and wouldn't work for other devices such as TV box, phones, non-Windows devices.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

there is ways to setup small servers so devices connect via the server and get their internet but can be bit tricky to setup, this can monitor the broadband in great detail, other option would be putting the hub into modem mode and use a 3rd party router with monitoring.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Personally I would goto the expense of your own router..

transfer

Client

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

With your own router would it replace my Superhub 3, or would that just be changed into bridged mode and then run a router off that ?

-

0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

backtothefuture wrote:

With your own router would it replace my Superhub 3, or would that just be changed into bridged mode and then run a router off that ?

You would put your Hub 3.0 into modem mode and connect everything through your own router , with a single network cable between the Hub 3.0 and your own router.

backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm new to cable (only got installed last week).  Prior to that I have been using ADSL/VDSL with BT and the likes.  With those it was just a case of replacing their supplied router with my own.

Thanks for the confirmation.

-

0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

backtothefuture wrote:

I'm new to cable (only got installed last week).  Prior to that I have been using ADSL/VDSL with BT and the likes.  With those it was just a case of replacing their supplied router with my own.

Thanks for the confirmation.

No problem.

You have to use VM's own kit because it is assigned to your account, but there is no problem disabling the router part of their Hub and using your own router.