Menu
-LR7
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Internet Lag Spikes

We got a Virgin media engineer out on the 5th we got a new router put in because we were not getting any internet at all by this point now it works but speeds vary way too much in one day.Its a miracle to get more than 50mbps download in a day and in that day it could go all the way down to 10mbps good speeds or not when watching youtube or gaming or even just trying to connect to my PC it struggles to connect and it buffers frequently we pay for 200mbps download we never get more than 60mbps download on a good day 

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5955511531

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Lag Spikes

Hi -LR7,

Apologies for the slow speed problems, checking your service I can see that this is due to heavy peak time demand in the area. Networks are investigating on ref F004892579 with upgrade work being next reviewed later in February.

Sorry again for the problems experienced.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
-LR7
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

And I would agree with that statement if the wifi and internet was good sometimes of the day and bad for a part the day or bad a certain part of the week but even at 1pm to 3pm or late at night during a weeknight the wifi is inconsistent with speeds and connection even if I get a 50mbps download of Speedtest which I very rarely get near and is random I could get this speed at 6pm of a weekend but not only am I not getting anywhere near the 200mbps that was paid for and I know it's practically impossible to get very close to this but not to be able to get more than 60mbps download that's suitable for some one paying for 100mbps but not double that also if I do get in the 50mbps and above range it jitters even at none peak times. Something better improve by the end of February
0 Kudos
-LR7
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5980834238 the speeds I should be expecting at 6pm Peak time enough for you but these speeds wont last and are inconsistent 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey -LR7,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

I completely appreciate this fault is frustrating, if we could quicken up the process we definitely would.

Please keep in touch with us for updates.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
-LR7
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Review and fix are different so when will it be fixed?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi -LR7,

Fault ref: F004892579 has been closed after work undertaken to increase capacity was proven to have been effective.

If you do continue to have any problems please do the following:

• Enable modem mode on your Hub
  • Connect a single pc/laptop to the Hub via Ethernet cable
  • Run a couple of speed tests
  • Post the results on here

One of my colleague's or I shall then investigate further for you.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos