Menu
Bonnyrigg
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet Connection

HP (packbell) not connecting has windows10 as does Acer laptop which is working fine

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Internet Connection

Was the HP working ok previously?  It may be the result of a Windows 10 update.  Check that you have the latest driver for your HP's network card.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You could do it that way if you can get it to connect to another network, but that's a big doubtful 'if'.

What you could do instead is on the HP check Device Manager and select the Network card and see what make and model of card you have and what driver it is using.  Then use the working Acer to do a bit of research for that card and see if there is a more recent driver available for it.  If there is, you could download it to a memory stick and transfer it to the HP.

Electron

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Was the HP working ok previously?  It may be the result of a Windows 10 update.  Check that you have the latest driver for your HP's network card.

Electron
0 Kudos
Bonnyrigg
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

not sure how i do that-should i use another wireless network

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You could do it that way if you can get it to connect to another network, but that's a big doubtful 'if'.

What you could do instead is on the HP check Device Manager and select the Network card and see what make and model of card you have and what driver it is using.  Then use the working Acer to do a bit of research for that card and see if there is a more recent driver available for it.  If there is, you could download it to a memory stick and transfer it to the HP.

Electron
Bonnyrigg
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The HP linked to another network outside the home but I think I asked windows for update before it connected-not sure what I did but back on-thank you
0 Kudos