Menu
SpiffyTrix
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet Connection

Here is my problem.

Every time I try to connect to the internet it just says 'Can't connect to network'. Now then, every other device in the house connects just fine with the passphrase, but my laptop is asking for a username and a password. and nothing seems to work. Luckily we do have a TP-Link connected to the router and I am able to connect to that, so clearly its either the settings on the router or the settings on my laptop. However my laptop does connect anywhere and everywhere else so I have no idea why it doesn't work.

If you have any advice that would be grateful as the TP-Link is really quite poor.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Connection

You need to make sure you are connecting to the correct SSID, using the password you have set- or the defaults if you havent changed em.

Defaults are on the bottom of your router. If you have HUB3, rename one of the SSID's (2.4Ghz or 5Ghz) as that can stop some devices connecting

BTW make sure you have the TPLink broadcasting on different channels to the HUB if you have wireless activated on both- if they are overlapping they will interfere with each other, especially as they are both in range of one another (I assume)

0 Kudos
SpiffyTrix
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Connection

You were right, all I had to do was change the name of the SSID, I can't believe that worked.
Thank you so much
0 Kudos