Menu
Natea7x
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent wifi connection

Hey all,

For the last week or so I have had issues with both phone and xbox one being kicked off my superhub 2.0 for about 10 seconds at a time roughly every 5-10 minutes. I have tried all the hard resets and reboots etc and nothing seems to work. I am unfortunately unable to connect devices directly to the router due to its placement. After googling I have concluded it appears quite a few individuals are having this problem. After going through all the help tips nothing has worked but it says that Virgins server status is OK, but I don't think it is. Anyone else had issues like this and anyone had luck to fix it? Paying for various streaming apps and gold memebership and cant use any of them!

Thanks in advanced!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent wifi connection

How are your devices connecting to the HUB? Wired ? Wireless?

0 Kudos
Natea7x
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I probably should've mentioned that in the first place! Connected wirelessly as most devices are upstairs but line is wired in downstairs. It's never been a problem until about a week ago
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

LOL, I too should have made myself clearer

How is the device you are having issues with (I assume Xbox 360/Xbone?)  connected?

If its wireless can you test it wired?

0 Kudos
Natea7x
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Laptop and xbone connected wirelessly as I cant use a wire due to various reasons.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Only a couple of devices connected wireless SHOULD be allright even on HUB2 - but your likely to see increased latency.

Its SH2AC that has had recent issues with Xbone wirelessly AFAIK SH2 is okay - are you sure its not a SH2AC?

0 Kudos
Natea7x
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

To be honest I didn't even know there were different models. When I got it installed ages ago they maintenance guy just called it superhub 2.0 so thats what I've known it as. But after doing some digging it IS the SH2AC. What issues have been going on? And why does no one at Virgin seem to be aware of this stuff?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Post your model number - stickers on the base usually- Ill check for you.

There have been a number of threads indicating issues with Xbox One connecting wireless to SH2AC after a recent firmware update.

The reason front-line staff (the people you talk to on the phone) are clueless about it is partly they are just generally clueless, but also  the issue is only just being picked up and escalated by staff on here.  When it becomes a "known issue" the 1st line support will receive details.

Then there's the elephant in the room. Whilst VM are responsible for your WAN side, LAN side is down to the consumer in the main. So whilst popular devices such as gaming consoles MAY receive some attention if there's anything amiss LAN side, VM can not and do not support every LAN side configuration as that would simply be impossible.

0 Kudos