Menu
outb4break
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent connection for over a week

Hi guys,

I'm having quite a lot of trouble with several devices dropping connection every 5-10 mins for a few seconds (long enough to completely kick me out of various applications). I've tried almost everything I can think of, besides wired connection since it's not an option. I've moved devices to be directly adjacent to the router and still having the same issue, port forwarding, changing channels, power cycling... It's been like this for over a week now and makes working from home almost impossible and quite unbearable!!

Is there anything I can post to help diagnose the issue? Network logs etc.?

Thanks,

Liam

0 Kudos
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent connection for over a week

Type of hub and statistic woul help us. Have you actually phoned VM? Sometime they can be very helpful, it should always be your first port of call. I know it can be nerve racking waiting to be answered and sometimes getting a person you cannot understand, but sometimes you get lucky.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
outb4break
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The hub is a superhub 2ac and I'm not sure what you mean by statistic?

I haven't tried to ring yet after some of the horror stories posted on here. Thought it would be less stressful to try and sort over the forum since the community seems to be much more helpful.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi outb4break, 

Thanks for letting me know about your issues with your broadband for over a week, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tried to test the connection from here, however I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account. I will need some information from you in order to proceed with making the booking. I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking.

Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ginnes
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

can you pm me too please? Im in the same situation. called virgin 12 times and had the runabout with them telling me about how a wireless connection works when I've told them throughout the conversations that its wired consoles and wireless connections at the SAME TIME, lag spikes for 12 seconds or network disconnects (pointing to lack of service for 12 seconds via wired and wireless obviously disconnects)

Virgin have tried all these things....

Changed Channel - no improvement

Reset router - no improvement

Tested line and signal - all looks OK

I've contacted Sony and Microsoft who said their end is fine

Loop tests on Ethernet Cables - All ok

0 Kudos
outb4break
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ginnes, sounds exactly the same as my problem. Tried everything I can think to make sure it's not something my end that's causing the problem. Hopefully get the bottom of it soon. I'll let you know if I make any progress!

0 Kudos
outb4break
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ended up ringing Virgin last week and the operator told me he'd changed some settings to the connection (no specifics). I was also told it could take 48 hours for the changes to take effect, it's been 3 days and no changes so far and I'm still experiencing frequent drop-outs. This makes using any device that needs the internet, best case unbearable, worst case impossible.

Adam, I responded to your message but I haven't heard anything back. Incredibly, incredibly frustrating.

0 Kudos