Menu
Midash
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent broadband since September 16!

Hi all,

I've had issues with virgin since September 2016. The internet disconnects often, and requires restarting at least once a day.

the 2g and 5g connections are both poor, often with both dropping out.

I've contacted virgin many times now, and they have said that there is an issue in the area with upgrading works.... but the website says I've been super sized for quite some time now, and the status checker shows no faults in the po9 area.. I have the 200mb internet, and it seems since I stopped the TV service, my internet has been throttled.

It 'feels' as if I am having trafic management applied to my account which is preventing the internet access.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Intermittent broadband since September 16!

Hi Midash, 

Thanks for letting us know about your issues with intermittent broadband connection, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I can see that your Hubs logs show a large number of T3 time outs inside, an engineer will need to attend in order to resolve this for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Midash, 

Thanks for letting us know about your issues with intermittent broadband connection, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I can see that your Hubs logs show a large number of T3 time outs inside, an engineer will need to attend in order to resolve this for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Midash
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Adam_L - Just responded to you now.

Disappointed to learn that you were able to see an issue straight away, considering I've contacted Virgin's phone support probably in excess of 10 times about this issue.

Appreciate your support!
0 Kudos
Midash
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, so an engineer came and upgraded my SH2 to a SH3, which doesn't seem to have made much difference at all.

Still consistent lagging problems and constant restarts required.

I've been conducting speed tests every so often and the speed of fluctuating so much it's unreal!!

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2m31tlk.jpg

Started at 147mb when the SH3 was first installed, soon went down to 30/40MB, but now it is riding at below 10mb!

I can't even watch a video on YouTube without having to pause it for a good 20 minutes.

My Netflix, Amazon prime and Spotify memberships are going to waste right now.

It feels as if my internet is being severely throttled since I moved my TV to Sky. Really not impressed.
0 Kudos