Menu
lyonc
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent 'Registration failures'

I keep getting registration failures on my router without warning. I was getting lots of them a few weeks ago and had no internet for pretty much a week. An engineer was sent to fix and it turned out to be a new cable causing the problem. I'm using my old cable now (which has worked fine for months) and a few weeks on and registration failure came up again for a few minutes today. Is this something I should be concerned about? I could not even change settings on my router as I couldn't connect to it at all through wired or wireless. (Wireless there was no signal and wired connections were just being ignored)

Also between 8-10pm for 3 days last week, the minimum ping I was getting was 120ms or above it showed on a BGM, it would not drop below that until it passed around 10pm. This affected wired and wireless. 

0 Kudos
lyonc
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent 'Registration failures'

Happened 8 times in the past hour now
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi lyonc,

Thank you for getting in touch to let us know about your issues with your broadband having intermittent registration failures, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and everything looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges. 

Are you still having these issues? If so, please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the information we have here.

When the registration failures occur, is there any notice-able change to the Hubs light sequence?

How are you connected, wired or wireless?

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
lyonc
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

It hasn't happened since I posted last week, on the BGM I have setup there was a dropout in the middle of the night the other day for a few minutes, but I wasn't using the connection so I don't know what that was.

The WiFi signal light was green and constantly on while the arrows just below it were flashing, also the base LED light was green and flashed occaisionally. It affected wired and wireless and could not connect to the hub directly at all to login or use the internet

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi lyonc,

Thanks for letting me know that it hasn't happened since you posted, this is great!

Just keep your eye on the connection and if you notice any more drops in connection then post back here and let us know and we'll gladly help out for you!

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
lyonc
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Just happened again and the dropouts are getting longer, I can't see it being something on my end as I have been through 3 different cables and every single one is doing this. The only thing left to replace is either the cabling into the street or the router itself, I still don't understand why my router doesn't give off any sort of signal that I can connect to either when this happens.

0 Kudos
lyonc
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

f3db6a6d1e413655f93b2b826866c0a3.png

The red bars reaching the bottom is where it dropped out, and after reconnecting the connection is even worse than usual

0 Kudos
lyonc
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

PLEASE HELPf3db6a6d1e413655f93b2b826866c0a3.png

I've had this problem for months with all these spikes now I'm getting this too??? I literally have no internet anymore, I might get a minute or two if I'm lucky but this is just ridiculous, there is no cable damage and the router keeps rebooting itself every time I try to connect to it. I just ran a test from virgin's website and it's telling me my equipment is switched off even though I'm using it right now to post this... 3 engineers have already been called out since I joined back in April about problems like this and all of them haven't found any faults other than a damaged cable last time which was replaced with my old cable as I said before.

Did a factory reset and it seems to be working for now (Even though I've changed nothing since the last reset) Connection to the router homepage is incredibly slow and laggy, also really bad navigating as well

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi lyonc,

Thanks for updating the thread with this information.

Really sorry to hear about the issues experienced. :/

I've had a look into this for you and the Modem SNR upstream level is on the low side.

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come out and investigate this further for you.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this booked in for you.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
lyonc
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The engineer said the power levels were fine but its possible the router was sending out false information so he had replaced the router. The dropouts may have been caused by building work nearby as they dug through some of the cables to a transfer box. But I don't understand the dropouts that lasted only a few minutes though?
0 Kudos