Menu
ScoTTisH-GingeR
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Outrage in area 28 Erskine

The Internet has been dropping in the morning from Wednesday, it is normally just 10 to 15 mins but it's been down for 40 mins and counting.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Outage in area 28 Erskine

Have you checked the service status page?  https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

If you go to http://192.168.100.1/ to get the VM hub GUI. Don't login but instead click on Router Status which is either a button in the top right of the screen or a text link at the bottom of the screen depending on which hub you have. Click on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log sections and copy & paste the figures from those screens and post them here, don't worry about the formatting or you can post screenshots if that is easier. Be careful to edit out or obscure any reference to your WAN IP in the log to protect your privacy.

The community can have a look for you and see if anything in the figures looks wrong and advise accordingly. Or you can wait for the VM staff to pick up this thread (can take up to a week) and run checks on your line.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
ScoTTisH-GingeR
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Service checker just says my superhub is off so it's a lost cause, seems to be a disconnection from Virgin end
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ScoTTisH-GingeR, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know that you're having issues with your connection dropping between 10 to 15 minutes. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I can see that there's a lot of T3 and T4 time outs inside the Hubs logs, I would like to get this investigated further by one of our engineers.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos