Menu
Trig0r
Tuning in
Message 1 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Internet Outage

So, a few weeks ago we had an area outage, fixed after a while and all appeared to be well, or so I thought..

Since the internet came back up again we seem to be having short bursts of no internet, games disconnect from the internet, web browsing will throw up a page not found and things are just generally dropping out, it affects wifi and hard wired users, hit F5 in a browser a few times and it starts working again.

Have reset the router a few times, left it in its default config and it still happens regardless of it being stock or if I've tweaked it...

Starting to fall out of love with VM, we had issues with the old router, upgraded to Vivid which meant a new one, still having issues with that one soooo....

0 Kudos
drnoblet
Tuning in
Message 2 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Internet Outage

Shorts bursts? Ha. I wish . It has been three days for me. Shocking service.
0 Kudos
Trig0r
Tuning in
Message 3 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Well given nobody here seems to have any input I'll have to go through the fun that is actually logging a fault, no doubt then I'll get told to do all of the things that I have done already to confirm to the script reader on the other side that there is an actual issue, always fun when its intermittent..

0 Kudos
Trig0r
Tuning in
Message 4 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Ahahah, brilliant, routers just rebooted all by itself..
0 Kudos
drnoblet
Tuning in
Message 5 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Mine still not connected to the internet
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Trig0r,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about your connection issues. I've taken a look and I can see that you're back up and running, but all of your power levels are out of range. I'll need to arrange for an engineer to call around to resolve this.

I'll drop you a quick PM (purple envelope, top right) to make arrangements.

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Trig0r
Tuning in
Message 7 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

I managed to get hold of one of the chat support guys and they booked an engineer in for 4-7pm today, I was told that the power was out of range at the cab end, I also left the person I spoke to my mobile number.

However due to one thing and another I've arrived home to find a service checklist through my door.

"i arrived and you wasn't in please phone + reschedule.  you need to change mobile no. on account as its your old work no."

Which is why I left my number with the person I had the chat with as its me that does the technical stuff in the house rather than the missus..

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi Trig0r,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that your appointment was missed, I'll be more than happy to help you rearrange.

I've replied to your PM, so just get back to me to let me know when you're next free.

Speak soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
Trig0r
Tuning in
Message 9 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Engineer came out, showed me the red marks on his pda re our power to the router and the tv box, goes and swaps the tap we are plugged into, comes back, checks the power, all better but explains that the cable in the cab is the wrong thickness and that some of the taps are damaged, suspects that there are other people in that cab that are also having intemittent issues.  Says we are on the highest signal level and that once the cab is fixed we will need to be moved back to the normal level as we'll be over power when this is done.

Meanwhile we are still having issues.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hey Trig0r,

Thanks for keeping your thread up to date, much appreciated Smiley Very Happy

Apologies for the on-going issues that you're experiencing.

I know we're speaking via PM, but just to let you know, I am still in touch with the engineers in your area and I'll update you as soon as I have news.

Thanks again for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos