Menu
ianmcarthur
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Intermitment broadband and ondemand services for the last week (Oxford)

Hi,

for a week or more my broadband and TiVo on demand services have been intermittent. They come and go at the same time and remain up for a few minutes or sometimes a few hours but cant be relied upon. I've logged the problem twice and had an engineer booked twice only to have the appointment cancelled overnight and a text message to say its fixed. But its certainly not fixed as within hours I'll loose connection again. LIve TV works throughout this without any problem so I'm guessing that this is related to IP based traffic and probably something in the VM infrastructure rather than in my house. However, I cant seem to get VM to take this seriously and I'm wondering if others in the Oxford area are having similar problems ?

Best, Ian

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermitment broadband and ondemand services for the last week (Oxford)

Hi Ian, 

Thanks for letting us know that you've had an intermittent broadband and on demand service for a week or so, I apologise for any inconvenience caused I promise I will do my best to help resolve this for you.

I have tried to test your connection from here, however I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account, I will require some additional information from you in order to proceed.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with diagnostics, Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ianmcarthur
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response Adam. Actually, things have improved a lot in the last couple of days so I suspect its fixed. It certainly took a long time and I had several messages saying incorrectly that it was fixed and it was very frustrating to have to report the same problem multiple times. No engineer called so I still assume it was a problem outside the home.

Best, Ian

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ianmcarthur, 

Thanks for responding to me! 

I appreciate you letting me know that things have improved a lot in the last couple of days, this is great! Just remember, if you need any assistance in future then post back here and we'll gladly take a look and help out for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos