Menu
Taylor_W
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Installing a 2nd router in my room

So I pay for 200mb and only getting 20-30mb in my room, I know my room is a black spot for Internet and I have spend roughly £120 trying to solve this issue by buying wifi extenders and powerline adapters. I was wondering how much it would cost to have a 2nd router set up in my room, this would include having a telephone socket installed as well.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installing a 2nd router in my room

hiya @Taylor_W if your talking about having a 2nd hub installed in your bedroom wouldn't be possible since your limited to 1 hub per property.. if you want to have the hub relocated to your bedroom the standard fee would be £99 this includes all cabling/making sure signals are balanced correctly etc.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Taylor_W
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So is there anything I can do to solve my issue without having to relocate the router as it is connected to my TiVo box.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Run CAT5E cable from HUB to room. Thats what Ive wound up doing as I got bored of waiting for large file transfers over powerlines.

0 Kudos