Menu
Ajmottershead78
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Inconsistent internet

The Internet goes off frequently then comes on again. This has been happening for a few weeks and is driving myself and my children mad. I work in a school and need Internet for lesson plans. We are seriously considering dumping virgin as the Internet service is terrible. We have to keep resetting it all the time. Sort it out Virgin or were leaving!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Inconsistent internet

Hi Ajmottershead78,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing trouble with your connection.

I've run a diagnostic on your equipment and I can see an issue with your signal levels that seem to be causing the problem. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to sort it out for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

ianjayne
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I concur, the very same issues, similar remote consequences and resultant conclusions. This is not acceptable. My issue entitled 'outages' has been running for a while. A few weeks like yourself. It cannot be allowed to continue and if not resolved soon I must leave too. I am told my SH2 router is shot. I have asked for help on here but no one form the ISP has picked it up, I have sent a PM to an agent who helped in the past but tommorow it's a show down with retentions.
ianjayne
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Discussing this issue with my neighbour also on VM with a top speed connection he advised me had had continual drop outs requiring rebooting  the weekend before last (21- 22 -23 Jan which was the same time as myself in area 14.  As he says the speed is not that important what is important is a reliable connection.

0 Kudos