Menu
Lewisishomh
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Inconsistent broadband

I am currently having problems with inconsistent and slow internet connection. My superhub is connected to my computer via a Belkin Powerline AV model: F5D4074-S v4. There are aprox 6 walls (but only about 20 meters) between the two plugs, which i believe it should be able to deal with.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Inconsistent broadband

First of all I would test the connection directly connected to the hub, taking the Belkin out of the equation.

Powerline adapters can be adversely affected by noise on your home's electrical circuits, apparently mobile phone chargers are quite good at injecting noise into the electrical circuit. I take it that the powerline adapters are plugged directly into an electrical socket and not through a power strip.

0 Kudos
Lewisishomh
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The connection directly connected to the hub also has a tendency to be very slow at times, normal connection speed is around 120Mbps but at times it has dropped down to below 1Mbps for a couple of days. The power line adaptors are indeed plugged into an electrical socket.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lewisishomh, 

Thanks for letting us know that you're having inconsistent broadband speeds, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have run some diagnostics from here and I can't see anything out of the ordinary, no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs. All of your power levels are where they should be.

Are you still having these issues? If so, how are you connected, wired or wireless?

Also, when do you notice these slow speeds issues, all times of day or just specific ones?

Please run a speed test with your Hub in modem mode connected to the computer directly via ethernet cable and post the results here for us to see!

I look forward to your response, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos