Menu
duster
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

IPv6 should I turn this setting on in my router, as my X-box one is asking for it?

Hi, I just noticed that my X-box one is saying in its network settings that I should be using IPv6 instead of IPv4. I'm using a Hub 3 in modem mode with a Netgear  R7800 router. In the router menus IPv6 was turned off. Should I turn it on? I'm not sure if VM support IPv6 yet?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPv6 should I turn this setting on in my router, as my X-box one is asking for it?

vm do not support IPv6
0 Kudos
duster
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPv6 should I turn this setting on in my router, as my X-box one is asking for it?

Thanks for the reply.  I tried turning the IPv6 to on in the router settings, and my X-box one is now reporting that I'm using both IPv4 &IPv6.  instead of just IPv4 like it was before. But if VM don't use IPv6 yet I'm not really sure whats going on then.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

possible it might be tunnelling ipv6 inside the ipv4
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

or the Xbox now has a IPv6 address locally so is happy even if its not routable. it might use IPv6 internally between other xboxes
0 Kudos
duster
Dialled in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes that's the setting it has set itself to, as it was on auto detect (6to4 tunnel)  should I leave it on this setting or just disable IPv6  again please?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

as the simple motto say: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

what @paultechy said
duster
Dialled in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I was also having a unrelated problem with The Nat type going strict randomly. Will test this setting to see if it helps or not with the Nat type issue. Thanks for the replys

0 Kudos