Menu
brynlarrr
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

IPv6 Address?

Hey, I have a question regarding my internet service. Am I able to request an IPv6 address from Virgin Media? Many thanks Smiley Happy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
TonyJr
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPv6 Address?

brynlarrr wrote:

Hey, I have a question regarding my internet service. Am I able to request an IPv6 address from Virgin Media? Many thanks Smiley Happy

No - it has not yet been enabled on the network. It will be soon, though.

TonyJr
0 Kudos
ad31677
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, TonyJr

Is there any advance on 'soon'?  I wonder what Virginmedia's plans are for this.  Can you give any detail? 

I am thinking about a new router and I would be particularly interested to know what prefix length we'll get too - /56 would be good, /48 even better.

Best regards,
Aidan

0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The only thing that comes "Soon" in virgin media land is sneaky price increases.

I got a letter the other day saying how they plan to give me more!.... As I only have broadband, looking at the price increase I can only assume they want to give me more! reasons to leave!

Sky is now at 90% IPv6 Deployment!...

Virgin is now at 0% IPv6 Deployment!..

The last time they really spoke about this, their reason for not moving to IPv6 was because they still had enough IPv4 addresses to hand out to customers.  If that type of idiotic understanding of IPv6 -v- IPv4 is still in place then you can be sure that "Soon" will probably be after another 5 or so price increases.

UPC/Liberty Global made the push to it a few years ago, why the UK seems to be sitting back they wont say.  You would think that they would at least run some large public trials to make sure that it's working, it would be funny if they try to flash everything in one night and brick thousands of modems like they have done in the past ;P....

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.

I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Read or Not ....
0 Kudos
tastijune
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hey hey at last i spoke to a VM representative who assures me that VM are starting to roll out ipv6 addressing at the end of febuary 2017 NOT BEFORE TIME EITHER  you are way behind BT  and even SKY you should be ashamed of yourselves

0 Kudos