Menu
Leok
Just joined
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I really wish I had never left sky.

I have never had such rubbish wifi.  My phone and tablet just jump onto 4G all the time and when I look at settings my VM wifi is either unconnected (and I can't connect at all) or it connects and disconnects immediately, or if it is connected it is "poor quality".  I have never seen it better than "good quality" (and that is a rare occurance).

VM dug up my garden and concrete path and laid cable etc right into my front room,  I was promised the earth, moon and stars in terms of speed and service.  It is literally worse than when I was a student and had a dial up connection.  I am so OVER Virgin Media and am telling everyone to avoid them.

0 Kudos
Leok
Just joined
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

really awful service

Some shows that I have recorded just disappeared without warning.  More annoying is the on demand service which was never great.  Right from the beginning of my contract with Virgin I had problems with On Demand shows that would often fail and become "currently unavailable" right in the middle of watching.  For the past few weeks my entire On Demand service is "currently unavailable" and I have no idea why.  I never had a moment's problem with SKY.  I only changed over because Virgin was cheaper and promised an excellent service.  My WiFi is SO BAD that whilst in my home I'm more often using my data allowance than I am on wifi.  My connection is never better than "good" and is usually "poor connection" or not connected at all.  I wish I had never left SKY.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: I really wish I had never left sky.

Good News!

If your within 14 days of installation you can go back to SKY FOC....

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Also Ive merged your two posts about the same issue as per the house rules...

0 Kudos
Rosco101
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Are sky really that much better at the moment at original poster?

Im currently thinking about leaving Virgin, after being with them for 17 years the Internet they provide is just not reliable anymore.

The superhub constantly resets, this is after having all internal infrastructure replace by virgin, ive also had a cable re-pull and countless Superhub's.

Ive had around 9 different engineers to my home in the past 3 months, yet Virgin tell me there is no issue..

Im also quite shocked at how SALTY the superuser Kippies appeared when you mentioned wishing you had stayed at sky.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Rosco101 wrote:

Im also quite shocked at how SALTY the superuser Kippies appeared when you mentioned wishing you had stayed at sky.

@Rosco101

Why? I simply pointed out the get out of jail free card a new customer has which is to VM's detriment and to OP's advantage. If that comes across as SALTY (which BTW I have no idea what that is) so be it. I'm here to make sure people know what their rights (and obligations)  are. 

You would prefer I offered platitudes until their right to cancel expired?

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

WiFi is a total crap shoot. All sorts of factors come into play, including the state of the VM Broadband circuit, walls, objects, placements nd so on. I would never use WiFi for TV or TiVo.

So maybe we need to know more from the OP.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Rosco101
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Kippies I get the fact you were pointing that out.  It was more the way in which you had emphasised 

Kippies wrote:

SKY FOC

in capital letters.  It came across as rather salty.  I'm unsure why you had to do that.  I'ts almost like your a Virgin fanboy who was rather upset at the mention of a rival on your ISP's board.  We all pay for a service and at the moment for some of us, its awful.  The more of a stink people kick up then perhaps Virgin will sit up and listen.  You have no idea the nonsense I've had to listen to from Virgin tech support as well as from the customer care team. 

0 Kudos
Rosco101
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Kippies It was the way you emphasised the

Kippies wrote:

SKY FOC

in capital letters which made me think you appeared salty. You were almost like a Virgin fanboy really upset at a rival being mentioned on your ISP's forum.

You have no idea the nonsense I've put up with from Virgin Media recently, were all paying for a service and for some of us at the moment its unbearable at times.  And the customer service team and tech support team do nothing but tell their customers lies.

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Kippies is no VM Fan Boy! Personally, I wouldn't have come out with his comment about going back to Sky; it added nothing to resolving the OP's problem. And neither has anything else written about Kippies' comment.

The OP, however, could dignify his/her thread with a response I made for more information about the problem.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos