Menu
jock1e
Dialled in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I need my Super Hub 1 VMDG480 replaced or repaired.

Problems running security programs. and have so far reset my laptop back to factory settings 4 times. And only bought the laptop on January the first. Eset finds potential vulnerabilities in Router Vulnerability name EDB-31617A, bad access rights. Update the Firmware I was told but cannot find any update.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: I need my Super Hub 1 VMDG480 replaced or repaired.

hiya @jock1e what security programs are you trying to run, as for the Eset possible showing a false positive, since with the hubs they'll have the latest update.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
jock1e
Dialled in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Eset Internet Security and Emsisoft.. I have never had any problems running them before and after 4 resets back to factory settings still getting the problems
Emsisoft forums and Eset forums have tried their best to help but cannot find the problem.
Contact your ISP I have been told by both of them.
I did get 3 critical errors on the router log last week but removed them just to see if they would come back.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

having critical errors on the hub log could just be standard CMTS errors with notihng to worry about, only getting issue if the log quickly fills up.
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
jock1e
Dialled in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Both forums said the problem may have been the wrong time or date. One of the critical problems last week was Error ID 2436694078 TOD Established . Having Googled it TOD means time of day. Not sure if a router uses time and date so maybe a coincidence. It may also be a coincidence that my computer will not work properly after 4 factory resets.I can only conclude if it is not the new laptop that is the problem it must be the router.
0 Kudos
jock1e
Dialled in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Seen this on another post and though how helpful. (I've run a diagnostic on your account and I can see an issue with your modem SNR and a few timeouts. I'd like to send a technician to sort this out for you.) I have been on here since the beginning of January hoping that someone would do the same for me. No luck so far. It cannot take long to do a diagnostic test so anyone put me out of my misery and let me know if I have a faulty Router or not.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

yeah the TOD nothing to worry about its just checking the firmware matches up, you might get an few T3/T4 issues, DHCP errors etc.. nothing to worry about either..i'm still rather puzzled with the issue your having apart from getting a security warning, if this the only issue i wouldn't worry.
0 Kudos
jock1e
Dialled in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I have been trying to fix this new laptop for a month now and it all points to a router problem. I really need someone to check my router out. it only takes 5 minutes to check out the router like I said it has taken me a month so far trying to get the problem solved. like you say it maybe a false positive from Eset or it may not. Only one way to find out and I cant do it. Security programs cannot connect to the update center so although I put the proper keycode in they eventually revert back to the free versions again. I could really do with some help on here to find out if this is where the problem is coming from.
0 Kudos
jock1e
Dialled in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Ok as I was not getting any help from here I decided to reset the laptop back to factory settings this is either the 4th or 5th time. Had to as laptop was becoming unresponsive and I was having a hard time trying to get signed into it. So basically I have to know if this router has been hacked like Eset says. Will someone have a look see. If not able to do that at least tell me what I should be doing next. Should I be on here or should I be phoning Virgin for help. That is all I want to know.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

phoning VM for help is a pointless exercise - you will get offshore and non of what you have posted is on their scripts so you will get no help - as to what you have posted - with respect it makes little sense - you pick up a comment in another thread about SNR errors - you refer to TOD errors - they are not your problem - not that i know what the problem is apart from being 99.9999999999999% certain its not the SH - its not been hacked and i would say its not faulty

it may be that the levels are out of spec

log into superhub - 192.168.0.1 - DON'T SIGN IN, click router status [top right] - and post the downstream and upstream figures

see what they say - you talk about a new laptop - what were you using before that to connect to the internet - did that work or do the problems go back before the new laptop

Tony