Menu
pmarsh42
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have no internet in RG6 for 6 hours

Hi called the help line and they said an Engineer will call in a week's time. Are they serious !

Tech ref 18703090
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have no internet in RG6 for 6 hours

pmarsh42 wrote:
Hi called the help line and they said an Engineer will call in a week's time. Are they serious !

Tech ref 18703090

Yes.

Have you checked the service status to see if there is an area fault? If there is, it may well come back without a tech visit. A week for a tech visit is common in some areas ATM.

0 Kudos
pmarsh42
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi the service status is fine. At Virgin's request I reset the SH3 Ultra modem twice. Now I can't log in to the SH using the factory password. As the SH is locked I need Virgin to courier a replacement to me for Friday (tomorrow). Don't see the point of an engineer calling when Virgin have established the issue is a locked modem.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there pmarsh42,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies you are experiencing no internet connection.

From checking your account, I can see the engineer appointment you have arranged. They will be able to check the internet connection as there was an issue with the activation of the router.

Let us know how the visit goes.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
pmarsh42
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok the engineer called and removed a damper that Virgin had placed on my line at the Network Box in the street. Would have been helpfull if virgin told me they had dampened my line, the router was ok all the time. So we had no internet for 7 days
0 Kudos