Menu
BarbaraWray
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

I cannot get on line even though I have a network signal. Can anyone help?

My laptop will not open any of my icons for the internet I get a hanging blank page and although it says it is connecting it doesn't highlight any address and never moves on.  I am using another laptop at the moment which is connected to the same network and there is no problem with this one.  Don't know what to do next.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cannot get on line even though I have a network signal. Can anyone help?

do you have any cleaners on the machine like ccleaner e.g. https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download this clears out all the junk files, i would possible download this on the working laptop and transfer it across using e.g. USB stick, would also advise putting the machine into safe mode by tapping the F8 key as soon as you turn the machine on and run scans till it finds nothing, dont use the registry cleaner unless you know what your doing

since your internet browsing should open fine without a internet connection, so something running in the background or no maintenance has been done on the machine recently.

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution