Menu
alanwardrop
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub3 just stops 2.4Ghz and stops advertising it

Hi all,

I think have the same problem as the OP in http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/2-4-gig-band-fails-to-transmit-on-superh...

I've had the hub3 a fortnight, and twice the 2.4 GHz service has just disappeared. When this has happened I've gone to http://192.168.0.1/?wifi_radio&mid=WirelessSignal and that has shown both services enabled.

Disabling and then re-enabling the 2.4 service has got it back up.

Browsing this board it seems that a few people have been having the same problem with SH2's as well. I have an old SH2 just being used as an AP (wired to the other hub), and that has never dropped either service, in over two years.  (*)

From the thread I mentioned it doesn't sound like there's any point in requesting a replacement hub.

I'm thinking that this is most likely something which the hub does in response to some particular set of circumstances or event (?)

All thoughts/help gratefully received. My hardware is version 10 and firmware 9.1.116V

(*) you may be wondering why, given that I have this secondary AP supporting both frequencies reliably, I'm bothered about the Hub3. Well, a) I'd like to turn the secondary off and simplify things, and b) things that don't work bug me!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub3 just stops 2.4Ghz and stops advertising it

Hey there alanwardrop,

Thanks for posting Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with your wireless connection, it sounds frustrating.

May I ask if you've tried changing your operating wireless channel yet? This will often help with any connection problems caused by wireless interference. If you could have a try and let us know if it helps, if not we will continue to investigate.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
alanwardrop
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub3 just stops 2.4Ghz and stops advertising it

Hi Heather, thanks for the response.

I haven't forced the Hub3's 2.4Ghz channel as yet. The issue has not yet occurred again - if it does then I'll start setting the channel and looking for any correlation.

Cheers,

Alan

0 Kudos