Menu
Eggie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub will not hold connection (Croydon)

Last month (21st January) there was an issue with service in the Croydon (Addiscombe) area. Two issues were raised on the status page. We lost internet connection for a day and on Monday morning the Virgin Media engineers were onsite running a new cable. 

Internet connection was restored, one of the status problems was removed, but the other one remained and has had its repair date constantly revised and moved - with a new date 14th February (I have text updates sent through). This issue has not affected my broadband.

Yesterday morning my hub was reset and now will not connect or hold connection. The middle light is constantly flashing. It occasionally goes out, but will then flash constantly again.

I called support yesterday, who told me to disconnect and switch off the hub (which I had already tried) and then was told that the issue from the 21st January was what was causing my problems and would be resolved on the 14th February. As I mentioned earlier I have had no problem since the previous issue was resolved and this outstanding problem does not seem to have affected me. Also on my wifi I can see other Virgin Media hubs broadcasting along my road.

Obviously with the issue being constantly bumped from the 21st January I don't want to get to 14th Feb and find that it still isn't resolved. My kids are at home this week on half term holidays and having no internet will cause untold grief in my household.

I have a feeling that the issue may be my hub as I had similar a few years back. The hub was replaced by a virgin media engineer. Can someone please get back to me regarding the outage and repair date?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub will not hold connection (Croydon)

It will take 1-2 weeks for a member of Virgin staff to get to this email.

In the meantime, do you have the same problems on both wired and wireless connections.

and could you go to 192.168.0.1 click on 'check router status' and post the stats you find there on here.

0 Kudos
Eggie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve,

I checked last night and there was no 'check router status' on the page, even on advanced. I have no wifi or wired connections.

Hopefully this will be what you are after:

Stage Status
Downstream Acquisition Locked
Primary Frequency 267000000 Hz
DHCP In progress
TFTP In progress
Time Of Day 17:16:48
Security Disabled
Counters T1,T2,T3,T4,Sync,Resets 0, 0, 16, 0, 0, 4
Internet Connection IP Address Status
WAN IP Address ---.---.---.---
Lease Time Remaining 0 days 00:00:00
Expiry --- --- -- --:--:-- ----
Current Network Time Mon 13 Feb 17:16

Network Log
Date Time Error Number Error Description
13/02/2017 17:17:27 82000200 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0;
13/02/2017 17:17:16 82000700 Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - Re-initializing MAC;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Please let me know if you need anything else. Ta. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Eggie,

Thanks for getting in touch Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with your connection. I've just taken a look and at the moment we're resolving a general network fault in your area under ref: F005018505 which we're hoping will be complete by around Midday tomorrow. Could you please post back to us tomorrow with an update and if necessary, we will investigate further.

Sincere apologies again for this and thanks for your patience.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos