Menu
Nellyst24
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub keeps dropping connection to the internet

After some help. I am having to reset my hub maybe 2-3 times a day. I do this by turning it off and on again. I spoke to an advisor and was told to try using a pin on the reset button which I have also done. Why is my hub always dropping the wifi devices and wired internet connection ?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub keeps dropping connection to the internet

Hi Nellyst24, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your Hub dropping connection to the internet, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I can see that everything looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

How are you connected wired or wireless?

Does this happen on both types of connection?

What does the Hubs light sequence indicate when the connection drops? 

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Nellyst24
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I am using both connections. I can not remember what the lights do when it happens. I will take note next time it occurs. Sometimes it keeps the wireless devices connected to the network but loses internet connectivity on all devices. Other times it loses the internet connectivity but also drops some of the wirless devices like my phone. And when I go to reconnect using my phone it just says unable to connect. And it does this until I restart the router.

Neil
0 Kudos
Nellyst24
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi. It's just dropped again so I took note of what the lights were doing. The top 3 lights stay blue (5.0ghz, 2.4ghz and the tick) the up/down arrows flash green instead of blue and the power light is also blue. And then once rebooted, they all go blue again.

Neil
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Neil,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the information provided.

In regards to the lights, from what you have mentioned the connection is disconnecting from the network. As we are unable to see any issues that would cause this, I would like to arrange for an engineer appointment to check this over. 

I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos