Menu
CupidStunt1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub Problem, please help

Hello

My Broadband was playing up just before Christmas, dropping out and long periods of no service at all. Suspecting it may have been my 4 year old SuperHub Mk1 on it's way out, I asked VM to supply the new Hub 3. Arrived and I fitted and installed as instructed. It's been terrible since. The Hub 3 obviously has a fault because the Wifi is slower the the HUB1 and the range of the Wifi is ridiculously bad. My office where I work from home was fine on the HUB 1 for years, now I can barely receive a signal at all and I have to keep reseting the Hub to get 5 minutes of god connection speed before it goes bad again. Nothing has changed, the HUB 3 is in the same position as the old one. Working from home is now like using a poor dial up modem from the 90s. Painfully slow and frustrating. The HUB 3 also has the constant Green flashing Wifi icon all the time. Reset, it goes away for hour and then comes back on. I know this is a well known fault. Even the tech help on the phone didn't know how to fix this. End of my tether I decided to re-install the original Hub 1 again last night as this was like a dream compared to the inept Hub 3. I rang up and got them to do the stuff their end (send the signal or whatever) was told to wait half hour and all should be hunky dory. It wasn't and still isn't. Now none of my devices will connect on Wifi and when I Ethernetted my Macbook, it found internet but again is so slow. What's going on? Why am I paying £45 notes a month for this service?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub Problem, please help

Hi CupidStunt1,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004578454). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 1st March 2017.

I've also picked up an issue with your Downstream Power levels that will need to be adjusted by a technician. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
CupidStunt1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok so the technician arrived and did a couple of things to the box in the street and my speed improved massively. He replaced the Virgin Media Hub 1 with another Hub 3. All was working great for a few days, Wifi good, hard wired connection speeds of over 100mb rather then the 30mb I was experiencing before. 

Now it's started again, the Hub 3 green wifi light blinking on and off permanently and the wifi connection has deteriorated beyond all recognition, dropping out for a few minutes at random moments. Tried switching it off and on all to no avail. This the second Hub 3 we've had now and both have the same issue. What is going on? Talk to me!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there CupidStunt1,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Apologies you are still having an issue with your broadband connection.

In regards to the WiFi light flashing you can check this thread for more information if you wish > Wifi Light Flashing on my hub3.

On the Hub 3, it broadcasts the 2.4 and 5 GHz network as one. Have you tried to separate these with different names and passwords to make it easier for your devices to connect too? This will also help us understand which network is causing an issue. To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar > sign in with the details underneath the router > on the left under Advanced > go to Wireless and then Security. 

Try this and let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos