Menu
Italianjoe
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 wifi printing issues

Hi , Heather_J, Horseman and Tony,

Sorry for the delay but I have been trying to connect our 3 iPad to my printer without any success.

I have all my devices shown on DHCP and except for 2 phones at 5 G, all others are on 2.4 G, including our iPads.

I have all 3 iPads Air1 & 2 connected but if I try to print from them, my WI-FI Brother DCP-9020CDW is not present. What ever I do I cannot see the printer from the iPad except from my computer. I have to transfer files from the iPads to the computer to print.

As last resort I got a new TP-LINK Router, connected to HUB3 through WAN port, changed my devices Password and everything was connected and printing without any problems !

With the above experience I must conclude that there is a compatibility problem between HUB3 and iPad Air printer protocol. It may needs an APP ?

If you can correct me I will be the happier.

Regards

ItalianJoe 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 wifi printing issues

Hello ItalianJoe,

Thanks for getting back in touch, it's nice to hear from you Smiley Happy

I really appreciate you taking the time to post your findings to keep us updated, it sounds like you've hit the nail on the head!

It's possible there is an incompatibility issues with your Hub and printer. Have you had any support from Brother at all? They might be able to guide you into performing a software update for the printer. This is the only thing I can think of.

Catch you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
KRowland
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 wifi printing issues

Hi there
I've had exactly the same issue (same hub same printer). Before I rush off and (annoyingly) spend money buying a new router please can you confirm if you are going to do anything about the compatibility issues with the brother printer? You evidently know about it and yet as a new customer I was not warned about it .....
0 Kudos